Wednesday, March 01, 2006

In deep dark woods

I have discovered something about myself ... I am a little like Piglet


Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind.
"Pooh!" he whispered.
"Yes, Piglet?"
"Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw.
"I just wanted to be sure of you."


I'm 48 - I became a Christian when I was 13 and I still find myself reaching out wanting to be sure of Him.

As believers we are immersed in the things of spirit - things invisible.

Yet sometimes I struggle with a feeling that the material - the tangible - the physical - is somehow more real because I can see, handle and touch it.

Sometimes I feel like Piglet in a deep, dark wood and I long to reach out and touch Him - lean on Him as John leaned on His breast.

I know it is possible, even though I live in a material world, because I also live in the spiritual world - His kingdom - by faith.

He promised life abundant - inexpressible and glorious joy - peace which transcends all understanding - and so much more.

I want a deeper experience of that life

deeper joy

deeper peace

more deeply sure of His hand holding mine day by day

minute by minute

in deep dark woods or in sunshine.