Wednesday, February 01, 2006

She Is With Him

photo credit - Rinda Dean

How Deep the Father's Love

How deep the Father's love for us

How vast beyond all measure

That He would give His only Son

To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss

The Father turns His face away

As wounds which mar the chosen One

Bring many sons to glory

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Behold the Man upon a cross

My guilt upon His shoulders

Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice

Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that held Him there

Until it was accomplished

His dying breath has brought me life

I know that it is finished

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I will not boast in anything

No gifts, no powr's, no wisdom

But I will boast in Jesus Christ

His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward?

I cannot give an answer

But this I know with all my heart

His wounds have paid my ransom - written by Stuart Townend


Cheryl asked my son and me to sing this song at her funeral. 3 pm Friday. Her son will play violin.

Cancer is a thief and a robber - yet she is with Him.

Her leaving has left an empty space - a space she had filled with her laughter - her warmth - her incredible sense of humour - her vibrant faith.

And we are grieving - yet not as those who have no hope - she is with Him.

"In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."