Monday, July 10, 2006

Summer reading...

A peek in my library basket...

I haven't read them - so I can't recommend them...yet!

The Akhenaten adventure /I've seen this one in the children's bookstores - I'm checking it out for my school library.

The bread book : the definitive guide to making bread by hand or machine / Mmm - the pictures are wonderful in this book - it is making me hungry just to look at them.


Chasing Redbird / My daughter and I really enjoyed her novel Bloomibility

The elephant's child looks interesting

Fair girls and grey horses : memories of a country childhood /The verdict is still out

INNUMERACY:MATHEMATICAL ILLITERACY AND ITS CONSEQUENCES The question is - Can I get my brain around this in the summertime?? It comes highly recommended so I will try.

Jane of Lantern Hill / for my daughter who hasn't read this LM Montgomery book yet. It's one of my favourites.

The light in the window / verdict is still out

Marling Hall : a novel /Angela Thirkell - sure to enjoy

NICCOLO RISING a series recommended by a friend

Nobody's child /an intriguing look at the Armenian Genocide - a YA book that my husband, daughter and I have been reading ....at the same time.

The outermost house : a year of life on the great beach of Cape Cod Amazon says - A chronicle of a solitary year spent on a Cape Cod beach. I like these type of books.

The Philadelphia story /DVD

Possession : a romance /I've heard good things about this novel by A S Byatt - it won the Booker Prize. We'll see...

The Shangri-la diet : the no hunger eat anything weight-loss plan /it's crazy and it worked for me...-15 lbs so far.

Tinker, tailor, soldier, spy / - DVD - I'm going to watch it with my DH. I hope it's good.

Art-
Summer Reading - Ron Parker

HT - Thanks for the blog idea Joanne :)